After 12 years of full time reliable high quality bike service we have lost one of our beloved mechanics who is pursuing other passions. The position of Service Technician at Gericks requires multiple years of mechanic experience and most importantly a positive and friendly demeanor with public and co-workers.
Industry wide changes in bike and e-bike categories should be embraced and opportunities for training are available. Currently on staff we have a former world-cup mechanic, another privateer hired enduro mechanic as well as 2 other mechanics who have been around since cantilever brakes. Along with in-house training opportunities, manufacturers have training modules on-line or in person that you will be paid to complete or attend.
Starting wages are depending on experience but range from $18 to $25 per hour and are reviewed after the first month of employment. After one year of employment a health plan is available and after two years a staff demo bike is offered. We also have a reciprocal staff deal with Valhalla Pure in Nelson giving you access to lots of great outdoor clothing and camping gear.
We are not a ‘bro’ shop and are proud to offer an inclusive environment for every type of cyclist regardless of age, gender or cycling discipline. If you’re inspired to perform by an ability to drive new ventures within our existing business you are the right candidate for this job.
This is not a training role. Applicants must have multiple years of professional bike service experience and provide work references for said jobs. The position is full time year round and working weekends and holidays are required. Any ski related experience is preferred but not required. Job details included below.
Job Title: Service Technician
Supervisor: Service Manager
General Job Description:
Provide technical service and advise to customers regarding various parts and maintenance items. Selling parts and service on all kinds of winter and summer products as well as keeping detailed records and notes on workorders and communicating them clearly to customers upon equipment pick up.
- Produces high quality and quantity of bike service work
- Charges customers appropriately according to our service menu guidelines
- Keeps a clean and tidy workspace
- Communicates effectively with customers in person and over the phone
- Repairs bikes of all kinds
- Performs E bike service and repair on mid drive systems with a positive attitude
- Assists with keeping repair items and accessories in stock by placing them on purchase orders when needed
- Able to complete a special order according to procedures outlined
- Works in a multi-tasking environment while being efficient
- Assembles bikes quickly to a high standard
- Communicate with customers regarding modifications to quote based upon inspection
- Performs test rides after repairs and calls or texts customers when bike is finished
- Ski repair and binding mounting according to manufactures guidelines
- Helps with bike and ski rentals
- Assists in sales when required both summer and winter
- High standards and pride in quality of work performed
- Helps manager and owner as required
Full time employees must be flexible with their weekly schedules. Working weekends and holidays are a must. We aim to give employees 2 consecutive days off but this is not always possible.